Finalists Selected for 15th Annual Maryland Incubator Company of the Year Awards
COLUMBIA, Md. (May 12, 2015) – The Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO), Lonza Group LTD, Saul Ewing LLP, Maryland Department of Business and Economic Development (DBED), McGladrey LLP, M&T Bank, BioMaryland Center and the Maryland Business Incubation Association (MBIA) announced today 22 finalists for the 15th Annual Maryland Incubator Company of the Year Awards. The awards recognize the achievements of current and graduate companies within Maryland’s incubators. Winners will be announced at a ceremony at 6 p.m. at the American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore on June 4, 2015.
“Entrepreneurs in Maryland continue to thrive in our State growing incubator network,” said Rob Rosenbaum, president and executive director of TEDCO. “The Incubator Company of the Year Awards is an opportunity to highlight Maryland’s impressive incubator system, and recognize the breadth and depth of technology talent that we have thorough out Maryland.”
The finalists and incubators are as follows:
- Audacious Inquiry, LLC (Maryland Center for Entrepreneurship & UMBC Research Park) –www.ainq.com
- Avhana Health (BioHealth Innovation) – www.avhana.com
- BlueNovo, Inc. (Silver Spring Innovation Center) – www.bluenovo.com
- Care Progress, LLC (Maryland Center for Entrepreneurship) – www.careprogress.com
- ESAC Inc. (Rockville Innovation Center) – www.esacinc.com
- EventRebels (Emerging Technology Centers) – www.eventrebels.com
- Gemstone Biotherapeutics (Johns Hopkins FastForward) – www.gem-bio.com
- Grip Boost, LLC (BWTech @UMBC) – www.gripboost.com
- Hungry Harvest (Conscious Venture Lab) – www.hungryharvest.net
- InSilico Medicine, Inc. (Emerging Technology Centers) – www.insilicomedicine.com
- Manta Biofuel, LLC (IMET) – www.mantabiofuel.com
- Milestone Sports (Maryland Center for Entrepreneurship) – www.milestonepod.com
- mp3Car, Inc. (Emerging Technology Centers) – www.mp3car.com
- N5 Sensors Inc. (MTECH Technology Advancement Program) – www.n5sensors.com
- Phycin, LLC (Frederick Innovative Technology Center) – www.phycin.com
- Redox Power System (MTECH Technology Advancement Program) –www.redoxpowersystems.com
- RELI Group, Inc. (bwtech@UMBC) – www.religroupinc.com
- ShapeU, Inc. (Emerging Technology Centers) – www.shapeu.co
- Social Solutions (Emerging Technology Center) – www.socialsolutions.com
- Social Toaster (Emerging Technology Center) – www.socialtoaster.com
- Spend Consciously, Inc. (Conscious Venture Lab) – www.spendconsciously.com
- Ultraviolet InterVentions (bwtech@UMBC) – www.uvinterventions.com
- Vheda Health (Maryland Center for Entrepreneurship) – www.vheda.com
- VitusVet (Maryland Center for Entrepreneurship) – www.vitusvet.com
- Zavda Technologies,LLC (Howard County Economic Development Authority) –www.zavda.com
“These finalists reflect the diverse and dynamic companies that are part of our incubator network in Maryland. We are proud of their achievements and thank the Incubator Company of the Year Awards sponsors and partners for their support of this annual recognition program to highlight the successes that can be found in Maryland incubators,” said Robert Snyder, president of MBIA and Manager of Bethesda Green.
“Saul Ewing congratulates all of this year’s Incubator Company of the Year finalists,” said Gianna Arnold, Co-Chair 2015 ICOY Selection Committee. “These impressive firms exemplify the determination, creativity and leadership found in all successful entrepreneurs and they will help drive the future of innovation in Maryland for years to come.”
“The real winner in this competition is the state of Maryland,” said Jacque Allen Brooks, Co-Chair 2015 ICOY Selection Committee.
Application finalists and category winners are chosen by a group of regional industry leaders and early-stage investors. The selection committee this year includes Henry Ahn,TEDCO; Meg Anderson, Oracle Capital Strategies, LLC; Gianna Arnold, Saul Ewing LLP; Donna Balinkie, Firedrive Marketing Group; Mary Brightman, Saul Ewing LLP; Jacque Brooks, Saul Ewing LLP; Gregory Cangialosi, Joey Tsu-Yi Chen, Saul Ewing LLP; Martha Connolly, University of Maryland; Brian Darmody, University of Maryland, College Park; E.J. Edelman, McGladrey; Linda Ellerton, DBED; Donald Fallon, Valens Therapeutics, Inc.; Chris Fedak, M&T Bank; Yair Flicker, SmartLogic; John Fortin, Lonza America Inc.; Yali Friedman, Journal of Commercial Biotechnology; Elizabeth Good Mazhari, Johns Hopkins University; Andy Guckert, M&T Bank; Fulya Gursel, TEDCO; Rosel Halle, Johns Hopkins University; Umar Hameed; Kurt Herzog; Kathryn Hickey, Saul Ewing LLP; Terence Hogan, Willis of Maryland, Inc.; Jack Hollerbach, Hollerbach & Associates LLC; Maura Kahn, Noxilizer, Inc.; Richard Kohr, Evergreen Advisors LLC; Alastair Mackay, Maryland Venture Fund; Behzad Mahdavi, Lonza; Brian Meritt, McGladrey LLP; Matthew Miessau, Epidarex Capital; Eric Nass, Physicians Inpatient Care Specialists; Eric Orlinsky, Saul Ewing LLP; Anthony Raley, II, Silicon Valley Bank; Jay Reilly, Saul Ewing LLP; Michael Salgaller, The Conafay Group; Douglas Schmidt, Chessiecap Securities, Inc.; Amita Shukla, Vitamita; Paul Silber, Silber Associates; Jae Sly, Strategic BioPharm Consulting, Inc.; Allen Stott, Chesapeake Corporate Advisors; Michael Tangrea, LifeBridge Health Research Institute – Sinai Hospital.
Visit www.mdincubatoraward.com for more information.