In March and April, entrepreneurs can take a tour of Baltimore-area incubators, and pick up some knowledge on running a startup in the meantime.
Camp Inc. is a six-stop event that’s set to move through Baltimore, Towson, Baltimore County and Columbia.
The Emerging Technology Centers received funding for the program through TEDCO’s Incubator Assistance Grant, and decided to open it up to the entire area.
“We really wanted to collaborate with other incubators in the area,” said ETC Program Manager Jackie Albright.
The programming will cover topics like crowdfunding and MVPs, and Baltimore Angels will host the final session on angel investing. Albright said the sessions will have a “bootcamp feel,” but attendees don’t have to sign up for all six.
Here’s the schedule:
- March 1 at bwtech@UMBC — Business Plan Seminar with Stephen Auvil, Senior VP of Technology Transfer and Commercialization, TEDCO.
- March 8 at Maryland Center for Entrepreneurship — Marketing Plan Development.
- March 15 at Betamore — Sales Process and Partnerships with Justin King, founder of eCommerceandB2B.com.
- April 5 at Harbor Launch at IMET — MVP Process and Tools with Elizabeth Good, president of Transition Health Ventures.
- April 12 at ETC Haven Campus — Crowdfunding & JOBS Act with Steve Schwartz & Alex Castelli, CohnReznick.
- April 20 at TU Incubator — Picking the Right Investor with Baltimore Angels.
Original Article found on Technically Baltimore.