Emerging Technology Centers (ETC)
Position Title: Marketing & Community Coordinator
Reports to: Assistant Director
Applications accepted until filled
General Description of Work
The ETC is a technology innovation center working to support tech startups and entrepreneurs in the City of Baltimore. A nonprofit venture of the Baltimore Development Corporation (BDC), the ETC offers four programs to entrepreneurs: Beehive Baltimore, a coworking space, Incubate Baltimore, offering business support services and space, Pioneer Baltimore, a 9-week boot camp for idea stage, working professionals, and Accelerate Baltimore, a lean startup accelerator program. Through these programs, the ETC works to help stimulate economic development in the city and partners with BDC as the technology and innovation attraction and retention team.
This position’s main purpose is to connect the ETC community (members, graduates and nonmembers) in person and through digital efforts. This position will report to the Assistant Director. The Marketing and Community Coordinator will manage all social media channels and event coordination as well as assist in outreach and strategic initiatives. This is a great position to explore creative and innovative campaigns and work hands on with entrepreneurs and start-ups.
Typical Tasks and General Duties
- Create, implement and monitor social media campaigns
- Create and distribute content specific to ETC members and keep oversight on all tech/business ecosystem events and news
- Assist in event creation, coordination, and implementation
- Assist in marketing and communication efforts via newsletters, social media, print materials
- Manage and monitor all aspects of the ETC websites including the ETC news and blog sections
- Develop monthly reports to guide strategy and update manager on progress
- Act as a representative of the ETC at community events and assist in outreach initiatives (as needed)
- Assist in implementing strategic initiatives
Job duties are subject to change as directed by ETC.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Self-starter; able to function independently to achieve organizational goals
- Positive and friendly attitude (we work with new people every day)
- Outgoing, high energy individual with leadership qualities
- Team player; able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with business contacts, clients, volunteers, and co-workers
- Ability to manage multiple, complex tasks and projects
- Ability to network with outside stakeholders (investors, service providers, and supporters)
- Ability to keep up with a fast paced organization including adaptability to shifting priorities
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Product Suite and internet for use in communications, reporting, analysis, research and presentations
- Experience with social media tools like blogging, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, HootSuite and TweetDeck a plus.
- Any design skills are a plus (Photoshop, InDesign)
Education and Experience Requirements
A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or Business from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience. Internships in social media or event planning are a plus.
Applicant must have their own transportation or access to transportation to attend community events and attend off-site meetings.
This is a salaried, with benefits, at-will position, and work is performed as required to complete assigned projects, and may require extended hours beyond a conventional workweek.
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to Jacqueline Albright at the ETC – email@example.com with “Marketing and Community Coordinator” in the subject line. No Phone Calls Please. Not all applicants will be contacted.