General Description of Work
ETC (The Emerging Technology Centers) is a venture of The City of Baltimore Development Corporation and is a technology innovation center that provides an environment and an array of services for entrepreneurs and their startup companies helping to accelerate their potential. The ETC is seeking a Membership Coordinator (MC) to manage the prospect pipeline of future members and manage relationships with current members of ETC programs. The MC will be instrumental in onboarding new members and assisting with membership changes. The ETC currently has 110 member companies and is constantly working to help grow its mission in the city of Baltimore by creating an economic impact, one entrepreneur at a time.
Membership Coordinator’s (MC’s) role is to assist in generating qualified leads for membership and interacting with current members gathering information pertinent to incubator operations. This will include emailing inbound leads, screening calls and in person meetings, coordinating tours and collecting data throughout this process. This role will directly impact the ETC’s membership and member relations and work towards increasing ETC’s revenue streams. The MC will report directly to the Assistant Director and work closely with the Facility Manager and Marketing and Community Coordinator.
Typical Tasks General Duties
- Actively manage inbound inquiries of individuals and companies that are interested in ETC membership
- Follow up with interested prospects, guiding them through the membership process, and closing inbound member prospects
- Conduct tours of the campuses for interested prospects, selling and telling the story of ETC, and what it means to be a part of our community
- Manage new member onboarding and move-in process
- Retain membership through regular communication with every member, ensuring ETC is meeting their needs and being the first point of contact for customer issues
- Accurately enter, update, and maintain prospect and membership information in Salesforce.com
- Create monthly reports using Salesforce on membership information
- Stay up to date and informed with industry knowledge of accelerators, incubators and coworking spaces and trends
- Special projects as assigned
Job duties are subject to change as directed by ETC.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to quickly develop relationships and establish credibility through consultative needs based conversation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks at once under stringent deadlines
- Ability to think on your feet to creatively solve our potential members’ needs
- Exceptional and persuasive communication skills, both verbal and written
- Flexible and adapts to change easily
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast paced, team environment
- Must have a positive attitude, confident, and desire to be the best
- Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus
- Prior experience in incubator/accelerator, technology or startups is a plus
Education and Experience Requirements
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Communications from an accredited college or university and 2 years work experience in sales/ business development including internships or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Applicant must have their own transportation or access to transportation to attend off-site meetings.
This is a salaried, benefited, at-will position, and work is performed as required to complete assigned projects.
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to Jacqueline Albright, Assistant Director ETC – email@example.com with “Membership Coordinator” in the subject line. No Phone Calls Please. Not all applicants will be contacted.