GridLion was launched in January 2017 with a mission to revolutionize how businesses manage energy to drive long term cost savings and to strengthen energy and environmental security for all.
GridLion provides energy management and energy consulting services to commercial building owners, healthcare facilities, and to the public utility sector. We believe that when organizations manage energy as a business input, they are more profitable and resilient, and better able to invest in growth opportunities that improve the lives of others. The energy sector is in rapid transformation, and our nation’s energy security and environmental sustainability rely on large energy consumers implementing innovative solutions that leverage real-time data and technology to integrate energy into strategic business operations. GridLion strengthens businesses by helping our clients align energy performance with their broader strategic objectives. Our solutions combine affordable, robust technology with multidisciplinary insight to transform the way our clients manage energy. See www.GridLion.com to learn more.
GridLion is looking to hire a part time summer intern to support a range of activities that are critical to this initial launch phase. These activities will directly impact GridLion’s sales and revenue streams, and will play a strong role in helping shape our young brand. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to experience an early stage startup and have an opportunity to be an initial hire. The intern will report directly to GirdLion’s founder and Managing Director, and may have an opportunity to work closely with partners, mentors, and clients.
I. Typical Tasks General Duties
- Create content for GridLion’s Powerful Insights blog site. The incumbent will be listed as the Author of any posts or content that he or she creates.
- Conduct research and provide summary reports on regulatory, technology, and financial topics related to GridLion’s work. These reports will be specified on an as-needed basis.
- Conduct market research and provide quantitative and qualitative data on various industry sectors to support GridLion’s strategy development and value proposition.
- Perform web-based sales prospecting activities and prepare ‘one-pagers’ on potential leads and prospecting activities.
- Build-out and maintain Customer Relationship Management portal in HubSpot or similar platform. Accurately enter, update, and maintain prospect and partner information.
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed.
II. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to quickly adapt and integrate new knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks at once with defined deadlines.
- The desire to learn, the courage to make mistakes, and the maturity to be coached
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Great, positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Strong drive to help grow something from the earliest foundation; The incumbent will be GridLion’s fourth team member; the other three include the founder, a part time technical manager, and a social media intern
- Able to focus and work productively in open office environment, surrounded by other startups
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a positive attitude, confidence, and a desire to yield results
- Must be Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with SharePoint is preferred but not required
- Background in energy or engineering is a huge plus
III. Education and Experience Requirements
At minimum, the incumbent should currently be matriculating in an accredited college or University towards obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree or should have already earned a BA. Preferred areas of study include Engineering, Business, Economics, Communications or Social Sciences. Prior internship or work experience is a plus. Completion of a 2 year Associates degree from an accredited junior college will be considered in lieu of current degree matriculation for business, marketing, and energy specific degrees.
IV. Additional Requirements
Applicant must have their own transportation or access to transportation to attend off-site meetings.
This is a part-time internship, from June 19 – August 11, 2017. The incumbent will be expected to work a minimum of 20 hours per week with time off as needed. A successful internship may result in an offer of part or full-time employment after the term of this internship contingent upon GridLion’s needs and incumbent’s performance. GridLion will provide a stipend of $1200.
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to Jeremy Bedine, Managing Director of GridLion – firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “Summer Internship” in the subject line.