Technical.ly Business Coordinator (Baltimore)
ABOUT THE POSITION
Technically Media, a niche news and events organization best known for its local tech news network Technical.ly is hiring a Business Coordinator to help us grow business in our Baltimore market.
Technically Media is building brands that convene the smartest people and organizations in industries that matter for local communities to thrive in the future. We are best known for our mission-oriented community journalism, our Philly Tech Week and Baltimore Innovation Week event series, and the quarterly events we organize in all of our markets, including Philly, Brooklyn, Baltimore, D.C. and statewide in Delaware.
This Business Coordinator, who will be focused on building relationships and closing deals with local, regional and national brands in technology-related industries, will consult with prospective clients to understand their business challenges and offer creative solutions using Technically Media’s product and service portfolio, which includes events, sponsored content, digital services and custom activations.
We treat our clients as partners and build lasting relationships that provide value by connecting and embedding those partners in local communities through our news, events and services. We do so by serving as trusted, expert consultants that deliver creative solutions that show a deep understanding of these communities. Journalistic spirit is embedded even in our sales process. We ask our clients questions, understand their needs, challenge them and deliver solutions that matter and help them meet objectives, engage and make impact.
This position is a full-time salaried position that includes a base salary and a competitive commission rate, with many additional benefits.
- Prospect, qualify, contact and develop NEW relationships in the Baltimore technology community. Success of this role is in introducing our fully developed portfolio to a new base of clients
- Travel regularly among your community, in the greater Baltimore region to meet clients where they are
- Meet and exceed yours and company revenue goals by crafting compelling proposals that meet client business objectives
- Attend community events to find new and support existing business relationships
- Start, maintain and grow relationships with clients by presenting opportunities that help solve their business objectives
- Intricately understand the challenges that face your clients and build upon your relationships to become a trusted, expert consultant
- Craft context and maintain information about prospective and existing clients with Hubspot, our CRM
- Become expert with an understanding of Technically Media’s portfolio of events, sponsored content, digital services and activations to provide custom solutions to clients
- Understand how to explain Technically Media’s mission of community development and connectivity and share that value with clients
- Work with your Senior Business Manager to execute outreach that meet pipeline needs
CANDIDATES MAY LIKELY POSSESS:
- BS/BA in Advertising, Marketing, Business, or a related field.
- 1-3 years sales experience, which may include agency, event sponsorship, digital advertising, and software service sales
- A thoughtful, consultative approach to the sales process that delivers results
- The ability to deliver complex, custom solutions that answer a variety of client needs
- The ability to track many clients in multiple stages of sales process across many campaigns, under deadline, and with sensitivity to approach
- An understanding of the big picture as well as the details, with the ability to execute on a path to hit your revenue goals
- The ability to collaborate and pollinate ideas and opportunities between departments in an organization that lead to stronger relationships with clients
- A deep understanding of key issues facing your clients in local technology communities
- Interest in online journalism or media preferred
- An understanding of customer relationship management systems is preferred
- Knowledge of and interest in local and national technology industries is preferred
- Knowledge of and interest in sustainable business models for news organizations, preferred
- Position includes competitive base salary, based on experience
- Position includes competitive commission rate
- Position includes health, dental and vision benefits
- Position includes Bring-Your-Own-Device reimbursement
- Position includes a 401k plan
- This role will operate out of Technically Media’s office in the Emerging Technology Center coworking facility in Highlandtown
- Regular travel to Philadelphia, where Technically Media’s headquarters is located
- This position reports to the Senior Business Manager, with opportunities to grow in responsibility and autonomy
- Must be available evenings and weekends as required for events and other activities, though other hours are flexible and we celebrate work-life balance
- Must be prepared to meet face-to-face with clients regularly to gather intelligence and build relationships to last
- Though results matter most and Technically Media prides itself on flexibility, as a guide, this role might expect to work roughly 50 hours a week
- Technically Media offers 9 paid holidays per year; 10 PTO days accrued per year with additional PTO offered progressively; as well as a month of paid parental leave.
- This position will be provided a staff manual that will include other details, including policy, strategy and details like standard company holidays and more
ABOUT TECHNICALLY MEDIA
Our Mission: We convene the smartest people and organizations in industries that matter for local communities to thrive in the future. To do that, we make connections with journalism, events and services. Presently, we publish two niche news sites: Technical.ly, which focuses on local tech communities in 5 cities in the Mid-Atlantic, and Generocity.org, which focuses on the social impact community of Philadelphia.
Our Story: Founded in Philadelphia in 2009 by Temple University graduates with backgrounds in journalism, the media startup has grown to more than 18 full-time employees and a wider network of contributors. We produce regular and annual events including the widely-publicized Philly Tech Week, which in April 2016 welcomed 25,000 people across 150 events and 300 partners, and Baltimore Innovation Week, which in September 2015 hosted more than 10,000 at 50+ events.
Our Values: Technically Media is a sustainable community acceleration organization. We value entrepreneurship, creativity, inclusion, flexibility, transparency and those who do, act and create, whom we highlight through news and events. Our team members are public community leaders who pursue new thinking, cherish local communities and are willing to ask challenging questions in order to get better answers. We use communication as a means for conflict resolution and community betterment. We have high standards for ourselves and others and consider professional goals to be personal ones as well.
Our Location: We are headquartered in Philadelphia, with a satellite office in Baltimore and have additional members of our team working out of some of the most vibrant coworking facilities in the world.
To apply, please visit original job posting page.